Planit Safe is a privately owned health and safety consultancy firm. Michelle Gillman is the owner and Principal Consultant. Michelle has a broad range of skills in the management of workplace health and safety, with a strong focus on critical risk management and disaster prevention.
Michelle is also skilled in the development of emergency management programmes however strongly focuses on prevention activity as the key to improving safety performance and reducing harm in New Zealand workplaces.
Most recently Michelle was Health & Safety Manager across Westland Milk Products’ sites in Hokitika and Rolleston providing health and safety leadership and advice.
Michelle’s network of safety practitioners around New Zealand allows her to tap into the expertise of some of the greatest minds in the country and work alongside the very best in class.
Areas of expertise include:
- Critical risk strategy and management
- Establishing risk profiles
- Developing cross-functional teams to improve safety management
- Coaching and mentoring of all areas of organisations to develop safety bench-strength
- Group facilitation to work through safety problems
- Staff engagement and participation programmes
- Incident investigation using the ICAM method
- Emergency preparedness and management